Cultural Evolution Seminar is an ongoing seminar series aiming to gather people interested in understanding cultural processes through perspectives of cultural evolution, digital humanities, cognitive science and related fields in Tartu, Estonia. Seminar is in motion since Fall of 2015.
The events of Fall 2016 are the following. The seminars take place at 18.15 on Thursdays at Ülikooli 16-109.
- Nov 17 – Artjom Shelya, Oleg Sobchuk, Peeter Tinits. “Introduction: What is cultural evolution?”
- Nov 24 – Cristina Moya (Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Anthropology). “The evolution and ontogeny of ethno-linguistic reasoning” [Skype]
- Dec 1 – Alex Mesoudi (University of Exeter). “The cultural evolution of cross-cultural variation in cognition and behaviour” [Skype]
- Dec 8 – Alberto Acerbi (Eindhoven University of Technology). “Selection versus attraction in cultural evolution. Two empirical cases” [Skype]
- Dec 15 – Kalevi Kull (University of Tartu). “What kind of evolutionary biology suits cultural sciences?“